Welcome to Penobscot Valley Gymnastics! We hope you enjoy our program. Please read over the following information.
We welcome your questions, concerns, or comments so please contact us at any time. We appreciate your input as it helps us improve our program.
All notices will be sent out via email. It is imperative that we have a current email on file so that we can be sure you get all of the information for your gymnast regarding special weeks, pictures, meets, closings, etc. For any families who do not have email, stop in the office on a regular basis and check the “spinner”. We will keep a few hardcopies of notices on it at all times. There will also be copies of all notices on the bulletin boards.
Guidelines for Parents
- Please tell us if your child has any medical, physical, or learning issues.
- Everyone who is not a student in the class must remain in the observation area. Insurance regulations forbid any non-students from being in the gym.
- Tuition is due no later than the 15th of every month. Tuition may be paid by checking account, Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and autodraft. If paying by check, you may drop it in the Payment Box in the office. Please put the student’s name in the memo section in the bottom left corner of the check. Our School Year session is 40 weeks long over a 10 month period. We have divided the School Year tuition into 10 equal payments due no later than the 15th of every month August through May.
- REGISTRATION FEE: There is an annual $20.00 registration and insurance fee that is due in advance of class participation
- REFUNDS: PVSG offers NO REFUNDS OF TUITION OR CREDIT FOR MISSED CLASSES. In case of extended illness or injury, please contact the office.
- WITHDRAWING: PVSG requires a two week notice before a student withdraws from class and the two weeks tuition is due whether the student attends or not. This applies to students taking a leave of absence as well as students not planning to return. A $15.00 re-registration fee is charged for students who re-register after taking a voluntary leave during the season.
- Clothing worn in class should allow maximum freedom of movement. We require that girls in the gradeschool classes, firecracker classes, and team members wear leotards for classes and practices. Please no bare midriffs in any age group. Boys will wear shirts that can be tucked in. All students should refrain from wearing long t-shirts that can’t be tucked in, jeans, belts, and clothing with zippers, snaps, buckles, etc. Bare feet are advised. Long hair must be up and pulled back out of the gymnast’s face. Please remove all jewelry your child is wearing before class.
- In the Tumble Shop, we sell gymnastics apparel. We have shipments of leotards, shorts, capris, and gymnastics accessories arriving on a regular basis.
- There are optional workbooks for students who are Super Rompers, and Grade School students. Many of the skills are illustrated and described. We have found that the workbooks are a great motivator for some students. You may purchase them in the office for $8.00. In the past, we checked off skills in the books at the end of each class. Instead, starting this year, progress reports will be sent home every 10 weeks.
- MAKE UP POLICY: Although it is not a requirement that students make up any missed classes, we offer that opportunity to those wishing to do so. All make-ups must be completed within 2 months of the absence or the end of the season in June, whichever comes first. All makeups must be scheduled in advance. It is OK for a student to schedule a makeup class in advance if they know of an upcoming absence.
- Pre‑school students in Waddler, Wiggler, Tromper, Super Romper, and Firecracker classes can make up a class by contacting the office and scheduling an appointment. *There will not be makeups for the Rock & Roll classes.
- Students in grade school classes can make up any missed classes by attending the MAKE UP CLASS 1st and 3rd Saturdays from 12:45-1:45 PM. Please call the office to make an appointment for a spot in this make up. If a student doesn’t have any make ups due him/her and wishes to attend, he/she may do so for a $7 fee.
- LOST AND FOUND: If you have lost something, check the lost and found basket by the snack vending machine or the jewelry dish on the glass case in the office. We usually have quite an assortment of clothing and jewelry!
- If you need assistance and there is no one in the office to help you, you may see one of the instructors between classes. They will leave a message for the office staff. Someone will get back to you shortly.